Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday's Featured Artist - The Smiling Soul Jewelry

Each Friday, I will be featuring an artist or friend whose creative talents have really caught my attention. This will include Etsy artists, Facebook friends and any other artist who would be interested in having their work featured.
For many years now, my favorite food vendor!

Last weekend, we attended the 40th Annual Powers Crossroads Arts Festival. When I counted nearly 20 jewelry artists out of 115 vendors, it further confirmed by decision to take a hiatus from jewelry design. However, there was one designer who really stood out from the rest. So much so that I was more than willing to spend $28 on a pair of earrings. Her work combined metal findings, with an almost steampunk Victorian look, with beautiful resin Lillies and Swaroski crystals. Understated elegance! And I was really pleased to find out she is on Etsy so I don't have to wait for her to appear at another festival! Her name is Leslie Patterson and her work can be found at  The Smiling Soul Jewelry . And if you want to follow her blog,  The Smiling Soul Blog .

Pretty, delicate lillies
The pair I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I was so happy to see your blog & this post that now I'm feeling inspired! Love those earrings, just gorgeous.

Ababeads said...

Beautiful!!